Best Overall: Nolo’s Quicken WillMaker & Trust
For everyone that lives outside of Louisiana, Nolo’s Quicken WillMaker & Trust is one of the best overall software that can help you put together a will. Louisiana residents, sorry but this pick doesn’t address certain estate planning requirements needed in your state!
Back in 1971, Nolo started publishing legal guides which have since helped a tremendous amount of individuals navigate the often confusing aspects of the law. They’ve become a household name for those who are in need of advice. Since then, they’ve expanded and used their expertise to create a one of a kind will maker software that includes a legal will, a legal trust, healthcare directives, final arrangements, financial power of attorney and letters to survivors, to name a few.
The package costs $89.99 and also includes technical support as well as a comprehensive guide. During the first year after the purchase, you’ll be able to access free legal and software updates. The software is also compatible with both Windows and Mac.
In order to get started and to customize your will you need to take an interview survey and fill out some forms. Once you’re done you can save and download your documents in a PDF format.
- Complete your documents at your own pace and on the go using the downloadable software
- Up to one year of free legal updates
- Low, flat rate for comprehensive estate planning, executor, family documents and personal finance
- Unavailable in Louisiana or U.S. Territories
- Cannot use the software on mobile devices
- You will need to meet minimum system requirements in order for the software to work on your computer.
This is one of the best places to get a host of legal documents for a competitive price. It’s a very easy to use, intuitive software that doesn’t require an internet connection (except for downloads and updates). The added support also makes Nolo’s Quicken WillMaker & Trust the best for individuals who are out of the loop when it comes to both software and legal issues.